Polyplex is committed to continually improve its environmental performance in order to have a positive impact on society, the economy and a sustainable future. In order to make its operations sustainable, the Company ensures optimum utilization of energy and other resources, waste management through recovery, recycle and re-use of material, reduction in emissions and effluents, enhancement of awareness amongst the employees through effective communication and training.
As a step towards sustainable global economy, the Company has undertaken following major environment related improvement initiatives:
- Successful development of Green Pet film with a significant proportion of bio sustainable inputs and/or usage of recyclate.
- Measuring, monitoring & reporting sustainability performance to GRI (Global Reporting Initiatives) for all the manufacturing locations.Click here for Polyplex Corporate Sustainability Report
- Switch over from Furnace Oil to Husk for oil heating system in India which leads to reduction in green house gases
- Monitoring of carbon footprint at all manufacturing locations
- Special recycling unit in Thailand is in operation which provided sustainable solution for plain and coated film waste.
- Replaced PVC twist wrap in confectionary industry with green wrap PET film.
- Replaced aluminium foil with metallized barrier PET film in food packing along with cost reduction.
- Switched to LED lighting across plants
Please click here for : Safety, Health & Environment Policy